Wednesday, December 2, 2009

Update on Jackson

As many of you know, we got a call from Jackson's Pediatrician when he was 1 week old and were informed that he had some abnormal lab values that were discovered during the routine newborn screening. The abnormal lab values indicated that he could have a Metabolic disorder known as MCADD, which is a fatty acid oxidation disorder. (Click HERE to read more about MCADD.) Dr. Stanley needed to see him that day and wanted to do further lab work.

We were notified about a week later that the additional lab work was also abnormal, but we had to wait to hear from the geneticists office for the next step.

We were called yesterday and were told that Jackson's lab values were still slighly elevated. They scheduled an appointment for him on December 9th with the geneticist, and they will do more specific testing to rule out MCADD. We won't know the results from these tests for 2-4 weeks after the appointment.

We are all pretty anxious to know the results and are praying for the results to come back as a false positive. But we know that whatever happens, God is in control. We appreciate all your prayers!

3 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Amanda, I didn't realize you guys were praying about this - I will definitely start praying for Jackson and that his levels will no longer be elevated. I just had to google it b/c I'd never heard of it before. Please let us know when you hear from the doctors!

Kim said...

I will pray for Jackson and your family.

Kristin said...

You all are in our thoughts and prayers! Please keep us updated when you hear something more! I loved looking at all of the pictures of Jackson...he is so precious!