Jackson's appointment went well today. We talked to a genetic counselor, the doctor, and a nutritionist. The genetic counselor asked several family history questions. The doctor explained a little more in detail about MCADD and looked Jackson over. He said that everything looked really good. They all gave us more information about feeding schedules, what to do if he gets sick and stops eating, and gave us several numbers to call if any of this happens or we have any further questions. They also collected urine and drew blood to send out for the next round of tests. These results should come back in about 2 to 4 weeks and should tell us definitively if he has MCADD or not.
They were all extremely nice and helpful. And Jeffrey and I walked away feeling a little better. They all stressed to us that they see several patients that have been flagged with abnormal readings during their newborn screenings, and nothing is wrong. So right now, we are hoping and praying that we fall in this category. Jeffrey definitely needs the 3 hour drive home to unwind his ball of nerves!
Jackson's stats from appointment today:
- 10.1 pounds
- 21 inches
- 37 cm head circumference
- Not sure about what his percentages were, but I'll check those when I get home.
1 comment:
I am so thankful it went so well. I am praying for you my friend. Those pictures of little man are adorable!
Post a Comment