Tuesday, August 11, 2009

100th Post - Trip to New Orleans

To celebrate my 100th post, we went to New Orleans last weekend. Just kidding. Jeffrey doesn't even know blogger keeps up with posts. It was still wet, so we decided to take advantage of probably our last weekend to get out of town before harvest starts. We've been wanting to take Gracen to a zoo, and decided the New Orleans zoo would be great. So as is the fashion of our trips, I got off Friday, we decided where we were going as we packed, and headed out for New Orleans.

From the beginning this trip seemed like one of those that if something was going to go wrong, it did. First off, we stopped in Brookhaven around 10 to find a room. We tried the Hampton Inn (our personal favorite), but it only had a smoking room available. So we looked around, but all the others we saw were pretty shady looking so we decided to try the smoking room. I will have to say we lucked out here and they gave us a non-smoking handicapped room. It was really nice. Gracen slept in the bed with us as she normally does in hotels, and as usual, it took her around 30 minutes to finally wind down enough to fall asleep, with her head on Jeffrey and feet on me.

The next morning Jeffrey went to the car to get her clothes, and couldn't find them. I told him where the hang up clothes were so he could pack them, but he didn't hear me. So the only thing Gracen had to wear was a tye dyed t-shirt and some bloomers that go under one of her dresses. They completely did not match, but we made due until we found a Target at 10 pm Saturday night. I won't bore you with every thing else that went wrong like couldn't get the elevator to work or couldn't get in our room Saturday night becuase the key didn't work because we really did have a good time, and I want to focus on the positive!

There really wasn't one animal that Gracen was fascinated with any more than another. She really enjoyed all of them. She would stand in her stroller to get a better look, but would sit quickly when we asked her if she was ready to see more animals.

I think I would have to say her favorite parts of the zoo would have to be the petting zoo and the carosel. I couldn't believe she touched the baby alligator. She wasn't scared of it at all.

Bet you didn't know there were gorillas in the petting zoo! Gracen was scared to touch the statue.It was really neat to watch the sea lions swim from under water.This was Jeffrey's favorite part of the zoo. . . the white alligator. I was very proud of myself catching the shadow in the picture. Stephanie better watch out!

This was my favorite picture. I didn't realize how big Jaguars are!

The misters not only felt so refreshing but were a lot of fun!

This is Gracen's "sweet smile". She enjoyed her snow cone very much. She tried very hard to be careful by bending over her cup to eat, but she still managed to wear it all down her shirt.

Gracen's other favorite zoo activity. She cried when it started, had a blast in the middle looking for her daddy, and then cried when we got off.

About 3 minutes after we left the zoo, Gracen crashed. We all had so much fun, but we were glad it was time to go home!

3 comments:

Lynn Kate Johnson said...

So sweet! We love the zoo too. Baylor is a big fan of animals!!! LKJ

Karie said...

That last picture says it all!!!!

Kim said...

Great animal pics!