Saturday, July 25, 2009

Beach Vacation 2009

Our summer vacation is always planned at the last minute, and this year was no exception. We got a rain on Wednesday. We started discussing leaving for vacation Thursday. I called the other pharmacist on Thursday afternoon to see if she could switch a day with me. She called me back Friday morning to let me know she could work for me. Stephanie booked the place Friday afternoon. Jeffrey revealed a new talent by packing everything except mine and Gracen's clothes Friday afternoon. I got off work at 5, and we left at 6. It was a whirlwind beginning, but the rest of the vacation was very relaxing.

We got there Saturday afternoon after swinging through the outlet mall. James, Stephanie, the kids, Jeffrey's parents, and Cole got there Sunday night. We had so much fun with them. Gracen loved having the kids to play with.

When we first got to the beach, Gracen wasn't so sure about all the sand. We put her down to walk and she picked up her feet for us to carry her. A little while later she advanced to sitting in the sand with her feet propped up on me and the sand bucket. She did love digging in the sand and filling her bucket.

The weather was wonderful while we were there: high of 90 low of 70. It's the first time I've been to the beach without gasping for air in heat. It was wonderful except that the cool weather made the water pretty cool, too. You can tell how chili the gulf was by Jeffrey's face.

So . . . can you tell what Jeffrey's profession is? This gives farmer's tan a new meaning.


On our first day the 3 of us took the dolphin tour that was included with our condo. It was awesome. We saw dolphins within 10 minutes of leaving the dock. Gracen would see one and say, "(gasp) Look!" She also did this when she saw the bubbles coming from the boat, but she really did enjoy seeing the dolphins.

Here's some of my favorite dolphin pictures.

Gracen having a little fun before bed.

Uh oh. I guess we see what happens when Daddy gets Gracen dressed.

Sadie and Gracen playing in the sand.

Lillie Kate showing off her athleticism with her toe touch on the trampoline. She's only 7!

Stephanie volunteered to keep Gracan, so Jeffrey and I could spend our last night out to eat by ourselves. We ate at Peg Leg Pete's. It was soo good.

Our last morning, we got to go enjoy the beach a little longer because James and Stephanie still had their room for us to clean up in. I'm so glad we got one more day. Gracen hadn't enjoyed the water much at all until the last day. I couldn't believe it because the waves were the highest Wednesday than any other day. Jeffrey kept trying her out there and it finally paid off because she had a blast, laughing and waving the whole time. I'm sorry I couldn't narrow the pictures down any further. Here's some of my favorites.

The Thornton Girls: Lille Kate, Gracen , and Sadie

This is a classic Gracen expression right now. Any time she hears anything, whether it's an airplane flying by, a dog bark, thunder, really any noise, she gasps and looks for the origin of the sound.

This cute little bathing suit was Sadie's, so we had to get some pics of Gracen wearing it. It's just too cute.

Gracen loved riding the waves on the boogie board, with a little assistance of course.

Back to the water, Daddy!

Look, no hands!
We had so much fun and really wish we could've stayed just one more day. Every vacation would be complete with just one more day! I'll post our dressed up beach pictures when I get them from Stephanie's camera.

8 comments:

Lindsey Eason said...

Love the headshots of you, Jeffrey and Gracen in the ocean - so sweet! Glad you all enjoyed yourselves so much - and I hear ya'...every vacation could use just one more day!

Lynn Kate Johnson said...

Looks like yall had a great time! Gracen is so cute. Steven was cracking up about Jeffrey's farmers tan. Too funny!!! LKJ

Carey said...

oh, sooo jealous! Looks like yall had a blast! You are just the most beautiful family ever! Love those pics of yall in the water! I'm sure that lil boy is gonna be cute too! next year we'll have to get together so our girls can play in the sand together.

Anonymous said...

what a cute little family!

madelynmom said...

What great pics! I think she gets cuter every day...we still have major hair envy over here :) That is so great that ya'll had such a fun vacation...especially with number 2 coming! I may have missed it in one of your posts, but do you know what you're having yet? Hope you're feeling great!

Josh and Marcie said...

precious pics amanda!!!You have such an amazingly beautiful family! I am very jealous and would love to have had fun like that. Keep hanging in there. You look great!

Anonymous said...

You have such a cute family! Congrats on #2! I love the pics of you guys in the water!

Kim said...

Love these!