Saturday, August 15, 2009

Weekend in Searcy

Gracen and I got to go to Searcy last weekend to spend a little time with the grandparents, Aunt Kristy and Uncle James. Gracen enjoyed sorting her colors with Gigi,

dancing with Aunt Kristy and Gigi,
swimming and pouring water on Uncle James' head,
and riding on Grandpa's back.
On Sunday afternoon, we got to see my cousins Greg and Robin's new baby, Jake. He is so precious! And as you can tell, his Daddy is very proud of him!

Monday morning before we left, we got to see our friends Marcie, Maeley, Canaan, Amy, and Macy. I haven't seen Marcie since we graduated from college, and I've never gotten to meet Maeley. It was so great to see all of them!

Marcie and Maelie

Macy and Gracen hard at work cutting their watermelons!

I don't know what was going on with this child Monday, but she did not take a nap. I don't know if it was all the excitement from seeing her friends, excited to see her Daddy, or she drank a little too much of my coke, but she did not take a nap. Even with a 4 hour drive...never went to sleep. She's never been that great of a car traveller, but she did MUCH better than I ever would've expected going without a nap! She made up for it on Tuesday with a 12 hour night sleep and 3&1/2 hour nap!

4 comments:

Josh and Marcie said...

I had the best time getting to see you. You are so special Amanda and I miss so much living by you. Thank you so much for taking your time to come see me. I love you my friend!

Lindsey Eason said...

Aw, Marcy looks great and her daughter is gorgeous!!! And I barely recognized Macy...her hair has gotten so long. Glad you all had a good time!

Carey said...

This looked like a fun weekend! When does your family come down here again? I miss them!!! :)

Shellie Tomlinson said...

Sweet update, Amanda! Your family looks absolutely as crazy in love with that beautiful child of yours as Pops and I with ours. You are blessed.