Tuesday, June 3, 2008
Sirens and Sleep
Yesterday morning started off a bit rough. . . and EARLY! Our fire alarm has been going off at random times during the DAY for about a week. I know, I should've checked the battery, but I didn't think about it. I mean that's what husbands are for right!? Anyways, at 2:15am, I thought my alarm was buzzing. But after multiple failed attempts to snooze, I realized that it was the fire alarm. We have ADT, so the box to turn off the fire alarm is by the back door. Our bedroom is on the opposite side of the house. (And we have a long hallway in between!) I ran as fast as I could down the hall to turn it off, praying Gracen hadn't woken up. Remember how I said she sleeps like her Daddy? Well, neither one of them woke up. Our fire alarm starts off as that really annoying loud beep and then the extremely loud wild African birds begin their screaming. (Just to clarify, we don't have any birds. The alarm just sounds like crazy birds.) It is the weirdest thing I have ever heard. At the time I was very aggravated that Jeffrey hadn't woken up (not surprized, just aggravated.) But later I was a bit nervous because the fire alarm coundn't even wake him up. Hopefully fire truck sirens would! Anyways, I couldn't go back to sleep because I kept thinking it might happen again. And it did at 2:40, 2:45, and 4:15 AM! Jeffrey finally did get up at 2:45 and took down one of the fire alarms and again at 4:15 to take down the second. Jeffrey actually made an attempt to turn off the 2:45 siren, but I already had a head start. I don't mean to brag but, he said I have some pretty fast wheels. Amazingly Gracen never woke up!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
sounds like something John would do too!
Sleeping through a fire alarm? Whoa. That is sleeping soundly. I suppose that is a blessing, though, as it would be a bummer to be up that many times during the night with Gracen, too! :)
I saw the poll on the side...I have to say, the second pic down on the last post (in tub) looks JUST like your mom, Amanda! The expression she has on her adorable face is definately an expression that your mom and Kristi both have, too! :)
Oh my gosh! That is the SAME exact thing that has been happening at our house lately. However, we can't figure out which one is going off in the middle of the night because there is like one in every room. We have too monitors in our rooms so it could be coming from the girls rooms or somewhere near there room as well. It only goes off like once or twice and then it stops. It's woken us up a couple of nights. Crazy that you are experiencing the same thing!
Post a Comment