Saturday, February 16, 2008

She's off the Charts!

We went to the doctor yesterday for Gracen's 4 month check-up. She was 15 pounds (around 70%) and 26 & 1/2 inches (off the chart for her age)! Several of my friends have commented on how long she is, and they hit the nail on the head. She's just getting big so fast! Everything else went well. She got her 4 month shots, too. She did great, and I did better than last time. No tears were shed on my part anyway. She was smiling at the nurses before we left the office. When she smiles, she smiles with her whole body. She lights up. She's so happy and so much fun!

I am so thankful everyday that I'm able to only work 2 days and be home with her the rest of the time. I have a whole new appreciation for all you working mothers. I worked for 5 days in a row a couple of weeks ago, and it nearly wore me out. It's tough to get anything done around the house and get to spend any quality time with you husband and children. I don't know how you juggle it all, but hats off to you!

1 comment:

April said...

Wow! She is long. I am very glad you get to be home with her most of the time. I know you always hear, "It goes too fast." Well, from the momma of a 3 1/2 year old...it really does go too fast!!! Treasure every single moment and milestone along the way. Take lots of pics and record those funny firsts! I, too, am thankful that I am able to be home with my kids while they are little. Glad she's growing so well!! So, what size clothes does that put her in at 4 month old?! I'm sure she can't wear 3-6 mo footed pj's! He, he. :)