Wednesday, January 23, 2008

What's new with Gracen








Gracen changes so much all the time, so I thought I'd give an update. And being the listmaker that I am, I thought a list would be the most appropriate method.
  • She loves to stand up in our laps, on the table, or anywhere we let her. (With our assistance of course. I mean she is advanced, but maybe not that far.) I can tell that her legs get stronger everyday.
  • SLEEPS THROUGH THE NIGHT without me having to put her passy in her mouth every couple of hours. It's bliss! She will sleep about 10-11 hours. It's so wonderful. I'm actually starting to get caught up on my sleep. Yea! For those of you who know me well, you know how excited I am about that. Mama loves her sleep!
  • She smiles all the time. It still melts our hearts!
  • She laughed once. She cackled, but I can't get her to do it again. I'll let you know when it happens again.
  • She likes to sit up instead of lay down like a little baby. She even tries to sit up in her bouncy seat sometimes.
  • She tries to put her passy in her mouth by herself. She can get it in her mouth sometimes, but she forgets to let go and pulls it out again. Then she gets it turned and that kind of throws a kink in her plans. If I'm not moving fast enough to get it back in her mouth, she'll nose-dive into it to help speed the process along.
  • We thought she was going to be a thumb sucker, but I think she's more of a thumb and fingers gnawer. She chews on them all the time nearly gagging herself sometimes.
  • She is trying really hard to roll over from her back to tummy, and would've gotten away with it if it hadn't been for that dadgum arm.
  • She's very alert. She likes to see what's going on, and will watch us everywhere we go. Not much gets past her.
  • She will talk and talk. She doesn't even have to have someone talking back. Sometimes she just talks and plays in her bouncy seat all by herself.
  • She loves to watch the Young and the Restless (see above picture). Ok, maybe it's just the appeal of a flashing box that talks to her, but she really does like it for a few minutes.
  • She can reach and grab objects that of course go straight to her mouth.
  • She tries to hold her bottle by herself. She can do it for a little while. Either it gets heavy or she pulls it out of her mouth, so Mama has to help.
  • She helps me change her diaper. When she hears me undo her diaper, she lifts her bottom up. It's so cute.
  • She can pick her chest up off the ground when she's on her tummy (as you can see in her pictures above).
  • She can blow bubbles, and she's very proud of that fact.
  • She tries to kiss back when I kiss her cheek. Slobbery kisses are the best.
  • She gets prettier every day. (I know you are impressed because this is a very difficult feat, but her mother has assured her that it's really happening.)
  • She continues to amaze her Mama and Daddy at how wonderful she is. She doesn't have to do anything but just be, and we think she's the most precious thing in the world. (I know all you parents out there completely understand).

3 comments:

Mindy said...

Now that I'm a mom - even reading your post about your blessed little beauty makes my heart melt. She sounds perfect and no doubt she is. I love the list and love the look of your blog...it looks great! :)

Amanda said...

Thanks. I love the look of your blog, too. I just noticed something very similar about them. I know what you mean. Now that I'm a mom, I love seeing my friends babies even more because I can truly appreciate how precious they are.

Anonymous said...

love the Y&R picture! that is too funny. she is getting so big.