Monday, February 2, 2009

Gracen at 16 months

Sorry, for the long hiatus. Nothing has really been going on around here, so I decided to take a little blogging break.

  • Gracen is 25 lbs & 33 in.
  • Gracen "needs" to put on lotion whenever I do. She rubs her hands together and then slicks a little in her hair.
  • Her attention span is lengthening tremendously! This morning she sat in my lap and watched Sesame Street for about 20 minutes! And apparently the Cookie Monster scares her because she came to stand beside me until he was off of the TV.
  • She's very intrigued with Emerson, my friend Carey's baby. We kept her for a couple hours the other day, and Gracen wanted to see her every move. She tried to give Emerson her passy when she got upset. I was very proud of her for sharing!
  • She is getting much better at feeding herself with a fork or spoon.


  • I am amazed by how much she understands. She is very good at following instructions which is so impressive to me!

  • She still isn't saying very many words, but her vocabulary is slowly increasing.

  • I've been working with her on some sign language, and she's really picking it up. The other day I was trying to get her to sign "please" by rubbing her chest in a circle. I was showing her the sign myself while I was holding her. She rubbed my chest in a circle instead of her own. I thought it was pretty cute!

  • She's down to one 2-3 hour nap a day. She wakes up around 7-7:30, and typically stays awake for 4 hours before going to sleep. But she can stay awake for 7 hours if we're out and about.
  • Gracen loves to play "which hand is the passy in"? We can't live without the passy!
  • She is really gaining a sense of order. Whenever I leave the fridge door open to put away groceries, she closes it. She puts her cup in the cup holder in her wagon. (She used to drop it whenever she was finished.)
  • She knows where we keep the toothpaste, and love to get it so we can put it on her toothbrush.
  • She will do anything for a laugh.

  • She is very shy when we first enter a new place or are around new people, but she warms up very quickly. Then she owns the room and is not shy a bit.

  • She is very ticklish! And her laugh is my favorite thing in the world!

  • She occasionally stands and walks with her hands behind her back.

  • She loves her passy! We had no trouble stopping nursing or leaving bottles behind, but this is going to be another story! She loves to play chase and to be scared by us jumping out from behind anything.

  • She would rather play with cars than her baby doll.

  • She loves bathtime! She nearly runs to the bathroom when we tell her it's time for a bath. She doesn't like getting out of the bath either. She loves laying on her stomach and blowing bubbles.

  • She is more fun to play with every day!

9 comments:

Karie said...

Such a sweet little girl! We need to get our girls together to play sometime!

Lynn Kate Johnson said...

So cute!!!

Sarah Morris said...

I love her green and white dot chair! She's so beautiful. Daddy better get ready.

Carey said...

Amanda,
I think Gracen's intrigue with Emerson is her way of saying--I need a lil brother or sister! :)
It is amazing how she gets cuter and cuter! We love yall so much!

Anonymous said...

What a sweet girl! I loved hearing about her "things she does." HOpe you are all doing well.

The Sabbatinis said...

Amanda- She is so precious!! They grow up soo fast!

Josh and Marcie said...

She is just precious and beautiful! I wish so much I could meet her. Thank you for the great update!

Kristin said...

She is so adorable!

madelynmom said...

Absolutely adorable as always! She and M really still remind me of each other...M is a passyaholic too! So glad to get an update on your sweet girl and happy b-day to Jeffrey!