Monday, August 4, 2008

Weekend in Searcy

Gracen and I just got back from Searcy on Sunday. When we got to Searcy, Gracen discovered that she could climb up and down the step in my parents livingroom. After 5-6 different attempts, she decided that sitting on her bottom and scooting to the edge worked best for her. I think she climbed on those steps for about 45 minutes on Friday and several other times throughout the weekend.

It was a great weekend! I got to spend time with my family and some of my best friends from high school. Ang and Ali came over to swim and eat supper. Then we met up with Louisa at Midnight Oil. She was home from Africa for a month, so it was so nice to catch up with her. We had a blast. . . just like we always do.

Ali, me, Gracen, & Ang

Gracen and Aunt Kristy - Gracen LOVES her Aunt Kristy! She cried whenever Kristy left the room.Me, Ali, Lou, Ang - pleas excuse our no make-up, sweaty look. I think the air conditioning was broken at Midnight Oil. It was smokin' hot.Sunday, Gracen got to go to the cradle roll class at College Church. I left my camera in the car, so I didn't get any pictures. My mom said she was half a head taller than all the other kids in her class, and some were several months older than her. I think she's taking after her daddy in height for sure.

After church we met my Aunt Diane (Gracen's Great Aunt), Daddy Doodie (my uncle), Angie, Morgan, Madison, Papaw and Joy at Dondie's for my mom's birthday. It seems like we only get to see them at holidays, so it was nice to catch a visit in between.

My mom's dad - Gracen's Great Papaw4 Generation Picture - me, Papaw, Gracen, & Gigi

Gracen, Me, Angie,

When Gracen and I got home, she took 5 or 6 steps to me twice and once to her walking toy. She's really on the verge of taking off. She's also climbing on the ottoman then onto the couch. She's a little monkey! The other day I gave her my hairbrush while I was getting dressed, and she tried to brush her hair. It was too cute! She also puts the phone to ear and points the remote at the TV. I know what you're thinking. . . child prodegy. I know: I've thought it too.

3 comments:

Vicky said...

Amanda,

I came across your blog when you commented on Rachel's blog.

Your baby is beautiful and I really enjoyed reading your blog.

Anonymous said...

Love that girls smile.

Shelley said...

Those are great pictures! I am sorry that I missed your trip in to Searcy. I would love to see little Gracen. I am glad you had a good time visiting with family and friends!!