Tuesday, August 12, 2008

Birthday Party Bash

Gracen's first birthday is really creaping up on me, and I need to start planning. I'm really at a loss for ideas for the "theme" or even some special traditions to start or special gifts to give. I'd love some ideas from anyone, so please leave me a comment with some suggestions. Thanks!

7 comments:

Rachel said...

I didn't do a theme for Caleb's first birthday, mainly because at 1 he wasn't really "into" anything, and it seemed silly to do a theme for no reason. I just did solid primary colors for balloons, plates, etc. It's a lot cheaper that way, too.

By the way, sorry I never responded to your comment on my blog a couple months ago...somehow I just noticed it today when I was reading through old entries!

Jamie said...

You're behind. I have been working on Em's 1st b-day for 2 months now!!! HA,HA I just bought her a custom made birthday dress and bib to wear at the party and for pics. I doubt I do a "theme"...I might just get the cute plates and some ballons. But if you ask Ryan or my parents I am already going overboard!
This year has gone entirely to fast. Our girls shouldn't be turning a year old! But whatever you do it is going to be special!

Jennifer Floyd said...

Ha! Emma's only 5 months old and I already have her entire party planned!! :) If you get any good suggestions for traditions to start, let me know!

theruples said...

I've been in the same boat - Jack is turning one soon and I don't know what I'm doing either. I'm thinking about designing cute invitations that have photos of him on it (i know, shocker) and then incorporating those same photos of his smiley face everywhere at the party. I've also thought about having an oudoor grilling party. I wish I could be there to photograph Ms.Gracen blowing out her candles! Have fun and take lots of photos to show us on your blog.

Anonymous said...

Hey Amanda,

I am a friend of Melissa and John's and we met at their wedding. I've noticed your comments so I jumped over to see your blog. Gracen is so cute!

Anyway, about her birthday, check out celebrationexpress.com, they have very cute girl party supplies, and their shipping is very fast. I got my son's 1st birthday stuff from them.
Also, you could start the tradition of family pic (formal or informal) every year to see how much and how quickly they grow up. It was hard for us to remember with so much other stuff going on...

Daisha said...

We did a Duck theme for Gideon's first b-day. It was a lot of fun.

And pin-the-bill-on-the-duck was fun for the kids of ALL ages. We even had some dad's playing. We just made it harder for those who could walk and spin in circles on their own. :)

http://jranddaisha.blogspot.com/2007/05/gideons-birthday-party_27.html

Daisha

Daisha said...

it's hard to get that link...

try this: (just remove the returns)

http://jranddaisha.blogspot.com/
2007/05/
gideons-birthday-party_27.html