Tuesday, September 29, 2009

Big News and Needing Suggestions

It has been brought to my attention that in the business of the summer, I failed to mention that we do know what we're going to have in November. We're having a BOY!!! We didn't find out what we were going to have with Gracen, and it drove us crazy! We decided to make things a little more simple this go-around and find out. Jeffrey and I are both still a little in shock. For some reason we just knew we would have 2 girls! Anyways, the Lord has decided to bless us with a little boy instead. Now we're having trouble deciding on a name. (Imagine that, me having trouble making up my mind! Ha!) Anyways, I'm asking for some suggestions. Please give any and all suggestions. We're not really trying to fit any kind of pattern, so please let 'em roll!

14 comments:

April said...

Congratulations!!! Boys are great, as are girls! :)

Suggestions...hmmm, well, I like Josiah, of course! And if Mackenzie had been a boy, we would have named her Wesley David. I bet you'll get a lot of great suggestions. Have fun picking the perfect name for your little baby boy. :)

Kelly and Chris Boyett said...

Well Amanda, my mom says Henry Alten (not sure if thats how to spell your maiden name). And I will have to think on it.

Sarah F Holt said...

I think I need more info. I like family names so I am with Kelly on the Alton thing. I think you should go John Alton or Jacob Alton. There's your J. I guess James is out and so is Oscar. What are your grandfathers names? Or maybe another maiden name that starts with a J??

Shelley said...

Congrats Amanda! We found out today that we are having our 3rd boy. Wish I could help you with names, but I know I am gonna have a hard time myself - especially since this is my 3rd. Boys are so much fun. You will love having a precious baby boy! Congratulations!

Lindsey Eason said...

I was going to say Josiah, but call him Siah.....have always loved the nickname Siah! Or have you all thought about naming him after Jeffrey?!...that's a great classic name! Jeffrey Alton?!

Carey said...

so i know i told you this a couple weeks ago but i really like alton too! and it looks like i'm not the only one...Alton Lane? :)
i'll keep thinking....
here are some others i just saw...
jarret
jayden
jay
jet
jim
john
for non "j" names...i'm gonna need more time :)

April said...

Ooooo. I love the idea of using your maiden name as your little boy's middle name, Amanda! I think Alton is a cool middle name for a boy. I would have never thought of that, but I love it. Also, we use Josiah and Siah interchangably. I had fun reading the feedback you're getting from people! You'll have to let us all know what name you guys decide on when that time comes! :)

Amy said...

okay...there is definitely a consensus here to use Alton!!!! I am with Carey, I LOVE Alton Lane!! Perfect. I also like Jed for a "J" boy for you guys. Sounds so masculine and southern....however, I still vote for Alton Lane Thornton!

Amy said...

or Lane Alton??

RobinVZ said...

we used my maiden name for a middle name...so i obvioously like that!

Kim said...

AWW! I'm so glad you're having a boy. I thought you would. No doubt your parents are over the moon.
Hmm. Names-one of my favorite games.
So, obviously I love the name Jackson. It sounds southern and cute with Jeffrey.
Let me think and I'll see what I can come up with :)

Anonymous said...

I like Lane Alton...I thought of something the other day, but now can't remember what it was. I will keep thinking!

Karie said...

If Eden was a boy we were going to name her Titus. We loved it!

Josh and Marcie said...

I love the alton lane or lane alton name. I also loved the name Tate, Griffin, Jase, and I will tell you if I think of more.