Monday, October 6, 2008

10-Year High School Reunion

This weekend I had my 10-year High School Reunion from Harding Academy. It's really crazy that 10 years have passed so quickly. I really don't feel old enough to be having a reunion. I'll just go with "you're only as old as you feel." And I don't feel that old. I had 56 people in my Senior Class and 23 of those came. Some people thought this was a pretty good turn-out, but I was a little disappointed. So if you're reading this and you didn't come, I hope you had a very good excuse because we missed you. Otherwise, shame on you!

Gracen and her Gigi at the game.
We went to the Wildcat game Friday night where Paige London, a girl I babysat when she was in 3rd & 4th grade, was crowned Homecoming Queen. I never made it to the bleachers during the game for talking to so many of my friends.

I knew Ali would kill me for this picture, so I had to add it.

Ali & JameyAfter the game we migrated over to the High School for refreshments and some more visiting.

Elizabeth, Jenny, Chris Ann, AngAli, Chad "Chicks", Jamey, & Stacey
Me & Ali - "Bathroom Buddies" since 1st grade. When I came to the Academy in 1st grade, my teacher sent a girl with me to show me the bathroom, but she didn't wait on me. The next day Ali went with me to the bathroom (because you know girls can't go alone), and she waited to walk back to the classroom with me. I remember thinking, "Now that's a true friend." And 22 years later, still friends. Corey, Hope, John, Ang, Jamey, & ChadAng, Hope, Ali, me, Cara, Jenny, Jessica, & Chris AnnMe, Ali, & Ang - with the all red lockers. What's up with that. They used to be red, blue, and yellow. I guess red does make sense since it's one of the school colors. I guess I'm just not a big fan of change. The 3 of us along with Leigh, who was unable to come, have had many adventures and fun times together in high school and throughout the last 10 years.We met again Saturday for lunch catered by Grandpa's Bar-B-Q. It was so good. A few more people came to the lunch and we all got to visit some more. It was so much fun to get to reminisce about "old" times with so many friends. There were some classmates that I don't think I'd seen since graduation.


What did Gracen do? Played in the grass,
Played peek-a-boo, and played with the other kids.
Gracen loved rocking, talking to, and touching Conor, Kristen's 4 month old. I couldn't get the camera out fast enough. It was soo sweet!

She also played with Riley, Chad S.'s little boy. He's 2 weeks older than Gracen. Riley apparently has walked several times in the grass, but because of our mosquito problem, Gracen hasn't gotten to walk in it much. Riley was walking very quickly and was unable to stop. He turned around and knocked Gracen down. Then he sat on her. They were both laughing and having a great time. I think Jake was the only one who was able to get a picture on his phone before they were gone again. Jeffrey was so sweet. He completely took "Gracen duty" so I could enjoy my friends without having to watch after her.

Jeffrey, me, & Gracen
From left to right (minus kids): Chris Ann, Rachel, Jennifer, Cara, Lynn, David, Elizabeth, Hope, Ali, Steve, Marcus, Kristen, Ang, Chad H., Jenny, Taylor, me, Brad, Jacod, Chad S.

I really enjoyed the weekend and was so glad Jeffrey got to come with us. I think he realized he might pay for it for a while if he didn't make it happen. We walked the halls of the high school and elementary schools after everyone left. The elementary side has tripled in size since I was in school. It is amazing. I think the school Gracen will go to is a great school, but it makes me so sad to think that Gracen will not get to go to "my" school. The halls were lined with scripture on the bulletin boards and painted on the walls. It is such a wonderful place for children to be raised, constantly reminded of our Lord and how we should walk for Him. I am so thankful that I was privileged enough to attend and graduate from such a great school. I loved my school, my teachers, and my classmates. I wouldn't have changed a thing.

6 comments:

Shelley said...

Amanda,
I am so glad you had a good time at your reunion. I too can't believe that it has been 10 years. It was fun at my reunion this year catching up with everyone. We are very blessed to have such good friends! I'm glad you were able to take a walk down memory lane! : )
Shelley

April said...

Thanks for posting all those pics for those of us who couldn't make it! It does not look like anyone has changed in the past 10 years. I'm so glad everyone had fun. Did you put together any contact info for our class? Just curious. Also...I hope I wasn't "that girl" in the first grade who walked you to the bathroom and left you there! That is a funny story about how Allison walked with you the next day and stayed. I don't remember you coming to the Academy...just seems like you were always there. Anyhow. Just in case it was me, Sorry! :)

Amanda said...

Ha! You're hilarious! No, it wasn't you, April. You've always been so conscious of other people's feelings, even then.

April said...

Thanks, Amanda! I feel better now. Yes, I'll get a good night's sleep. ;)

Hannah said...

Oh how I wish I could have come! But no one is getting leave approved this month where I work.
We're just too short-staffed.

I'm glad everyone who came had such a great time catching up. Ten years...like you, I can hardly believe it. Thanks for posting the pictures!

Jaime said...

The pics of gracen are too cute!! And your little comment about me having another baby...hahahahaha I rolled in the floor laughing for an hour!!!